Today is the official launch of the "It's time... to breathe free" campaign.
A lot of people think "it's time" for Wisconsin to go smoke-free in all public places, including public buildings, workplaces, restaurants, and taverns:
- nearly 2/3 of Wisconsin voters
- SmokeFree Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Restaurant Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Wisconsin Medical Society
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Some highlights from the announcement:
- Results of a poll taken last week show nearly 2/3 of Wisconsin voters favor a statewide smoke-free law with no exceptions for restaurants or taverns
- Support is strong among Republicans, Democrats, and Independents
- Ed Lump, president and CEO of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, said, "The only smoking ban that creates a 'level playing field' for all businesses and protects all employees is a comprehensive workplace ban statewide" (the WRA represents 16,000 restaurant owners across the state)
You can join the "It's Time" Campaign by asking your legislator to be a co-sponsor of comprehensive statewide smoke-free legislation that allows for no exceptions. To find out who your legislator is, click here.