Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hi! I'm Amber...

Hello all, my name is Amber, and I'll be voicing my comments, thoughts and perspectives on this blog from here on out. In the last year or so, I have really gained an interest in smoke-free air campaigns, and I am in strong support of Senator Risser's Breathe Free Wisconsin Act!

As a 22 year old student at the University of Wisconsin, I am a strong supporter of the smoke-free air in the bars and restaurants here in Madison. Although I support smoke-free air for many reasons, including improving the lives of bartenders and waitstaff, I have to admit on a personal note that I love being able to come home from a night out with my friends and not having to wake up with a sore throat the next day.

I am originally from Neenah, WI, a small city ten minutes south of Appleton. Even now when I visit home, I strongly advocate going out in Appleton as opposed to going out in Neenah, simply because I cannot stand breathing smoke while I'm out and smelling of smoke when I leave. It's not just me though; many of my friends agree that even though Appleton isn't our "home turf," we prefer hanging out there simply because we can breathe free.

Anyway, enough about me. I look forward to reading everyone's comments on the issue, and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: